maandag 18 december 2017

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR (3)

I’m so proud to tell you that Lawn Fawn has asked me to be there guest designer for this month’s challenge, over at the Lawn Fawnatics blog. The task this time is to use your favorite Lawn Fawn stamp set. Well, mine is Happy Harvest. Since it’s almost Christmas, I really wanted to use this stamp set in a holiday setting. Something I haven’t done before.


I started on my background. I stamped and heat embossed snow, from the Snow Cool stamp set, with the white embossing powder from Ranger. I wanted to create a bright blue sky with Distress Inks. I used two colors: Salty Ocean and Mermaid Lagoon.


I die cut two snowy hills from white cardstock, using the Stitched Hillside Borders. I stamped the sentiment onto the smallest hill, with Lobster Ink. The sentiment is from Merry Messages.

I stamped all the images. Off course the scarecrow from happy Harvest, but also some images from the Cheery Christmas stamp set. I colored all the images with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Hat: E31 – E33/ B93 – B23
Pants: B93 – B23
Sweater: Y17 – YR15
Stake: E57 – E29
Straws: Y21
Buttons: C3
Ornaments + lights: R17 – R29/ YG07 – G07/ Y08
Squirrels: E08 – E18
Bird: C3 – C5/ YR15
Santa hat: R17 – R29


I fussy cut all the images and assembled the card. I adhered the panel onto a Chili Pepper cardbase.


I’m so honored that this card was made by me as a guest designer. So cool!!! Please check out the Lawn Fawnatics blog for inspiration, or maybe to participate yourself.


Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten