dinsdag 2 mei 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (17)

For a 19th birthday, I created this underwater scene. I used the Mermaid For You stamp set from Lawn Fawn.


For the background I used the ink smooshing technique. I took a piece of acetate and added Distress Ink onto it. I also added a little bit of water to the ink. Then I smooshed the acetate with the ink onto a piece of watercolor paper. I used three different Distress Inks: Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers and Mermaid Lagoon. For the Cracked Pistachio I added another layer, to brighten it a bit. I set the background aside to airdry.


I stamped one of the mermaids, the narwhal and the balloons (from Bicycle Built For You). I also stamped the corals and the sea weed, in Lawn Fawn inks.
Corals: Sunflower Ink and Wild Flower Ink
Seaweed: Minty Fresh Ink

The images I colored with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Narwhal: W0 – W2/ W5
Mermaid skin: E00 – E11
Top: R22 – R35
Tail: Y17 – YR68
Hair: E29 – E57
Balloons: R22 – R35/ Y17 – YR68/ G02 – BG34


I fussy cut the mermaid images and the ballons I die cut with the coordinating dies. I die cut the watercolored panel with the Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables. I added all the imafges to the panel and stamped the sentiment, which is from Hang In There by Lawn Fawn.

I added the panel onto a piece of Perfectly Plaid Rainbow Paper.

I really like the look of the background, I want to use this technique more often.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten