zondag 23 april 2017

BEST FISHES (4)

For this underwater themed birthday card, I combined the Mermaid For You stamp set with the Fintastic Friends stamp set from Lawn Fawn.


I started on the background. I used Peacock Feathers Distress Ink and a blending tool, added it to a piece of watercolor cardstock and then flicked some water drops onto the paper. I dabbed the droplets off with a paper towel and created a subtle distressed background.

From vellum I die cut three wavy pieces, using the Stitched Hillside Borders from Lawn Fawn. I die cut one more hill, from watercolor paper, and added Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink onto it with a blending tool.


I heat embossed the sentiment onto the vellum and then went over to my images. I stamped the seaweed and coral in two Lawn Fawn Inks: Freshly Cut Grass Ink and Bubblegum Ink. The other images I colored with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Skins: E00 – E11/ E43 – E71 – E77
Black hair: W5 – W7 – BV29
Red hair: YR68 – E08
Blond hair: Y11 – Y06
Aqua top + tail: YG41 – G02
Pink top + tail: R22 – R35
Rock: C0 – C2
Yellow fish: Y11 – Y06
Seahorse: G41 – G02/ BV02
Pink fish: R22 – R35


A lot of coloring, but so much fun. I fussy cut all the images and started to assemble the card. I adhered it all together and then added the panel onto a piece of Perfectly Plaid Rainbow paper. I adhered the entire thing to a white cardbase. I added glitter to the hair, with the Clear Sparkle Pen from Spectrum Noir.

I really love how this card turned out.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten