donderdag 17 november 2016

YOU'RE A PURRFECT FRIEND (3)

I saw the idea for this card on Instagram. I decided to make it myself, with my own twist and style. I used the Cat-Itude stamp set from My Favorite Things.


I started on the scene. I took a piece of watercolor cardstock. With an ink blending tool I applied Weatherd Wood and Tattered Rose to it, with a very light hand. I used the Small Brick Wall stencil from My Favorite Things. I mixed Fired Brick Distress Ink with some Texture Paste from Ranger and applied it to the panel, over the stencil with a palet knife. This way I created a brick wall for my cats to sit on.


For the night sky I took another piece of watercolor cardstock. I masked a circle off. I wanted this to stay white, so it can be the moon. I applied Chipped Sapphire to the cardstock with e blending tool. I then added some Black Soot Distress Ink as well, to darken it all up a bit. I then removed the mask. I added some gold dots to the sky, with a gel pen.

I stamped three of the cats and colored them with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Left cat: W5 – W7/ W0
Collar: Y00 – Y11
Middle cat: E41 – E43/ E25 – E29
Collar: YR61 – YR02
Right cat: C0 – C2/ C5
Collar: R22 – R35


I die cut the images and starting assembling the card. I adhered the brick wall to the sky, with foam tape. I did the same with the cats. Then I stamped the sentiment in Nightshift Blue Ink from My Favorite Things. I trimmed it down to a small strip and adhered it with foam tape to the card. The panel I adhered flat to a red cardbase.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten