dinsdag 22 november 2016

WITH SYMPATHY (1)

Unfortunately we also have to send sympathy cards every once in a while. I came to the conclusion that sympathy cards are very difficult to make. But the Painted Flowers stamp set from Altenew is perfect for such an occasion. Most Altenew sets are by the way.


I first drew a circle onto a square piece of white cardstock. This was my guide for stamping the flowers. It’s a layering set, where you stamp one image on top of another, to create a more dimensional and realistic look. I used Lawn Fawn Inks for stamping the flowers. Here are the colors I used:
Blue flowers: Mermaid Ink and Fish Tank Ink
Purple flowers: Fresh Lavender Ink and Sugarplum Ink
Leaves: Freshly Cut Grass Ink and Noble Fir Ink


I added the black outlines and also filled the panel with some little outlined leaves and solid leaves.

I added the sentiment, from the Oh Happy Day stamp set from Avery Elle, and stamped it in Versafine Onyx Black Ink. It’s an ink that stays wet longer, so it’s perfect for heat embossing. I added Clear Gloss Embossing Powder from Wow to it and heat set it. This way the sentiment is shiny and it really stands out between those flowers.


As a finishing touch I added some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and adhered the panel to a purple cardbase with foam tape. I rounded off the top right corner with the We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.

I didn’t need this sympathy card, luckily. But it’s always good to have them on hand.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten