zondag 8 november 2015

OWL I WANT FOT CHRISTMAS IS YOU (1)

I’m still waiting for some Christmas stamp sets from Lawn Fawn, that were a bit delayed, so I decided to pick up a cute small stamp set from Lawn Fawn. I choose the Winter Owl set, with a cute owl with a scarf. So here is my first Christmas card for 2015.
 

I started with the background. I first took the Crealies Big Dots stencil and taped it so it wouldn’t move. I tried something different and covered the dots with Versamark ink. When I removed the stencil, I covered the background with Silver Clear Highlights Embossing Powder from Wow and heat set it. To finish the background I used two colors of Tim Holtz Distress Ink and blended them together with my mini ink blending tool. I used Peacock Feather, which you can see in the middle, and Chipped Sapphire around the edges. A very wintery look.

I went over to my owl. I stamped him in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored him with Copic Markers.

Here are the colors I used:
Owl: W0, W2, W5, W7
Scarf: R22, R35, R46
Beak: YR15
 
 
I die cut him with my Cuttlebug and went on to the rest of the card. I cut some craft cardstock and two pattern papers from the 6x6 paper pad from Shimelle (True Stories) by American Crafts. I stamped the sentiment on some white cardstock with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and covered the letters in Silver Clear Highlights Embossing Powder from Wow and heat set it. I assembled the card and popped the sentiment and owl up with some foam tape. In the end I rounded all the corners with my We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.
 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten