maandag 20 juni 2016

THANKS YOU'RE ONE OF A KIND (1)

Today I used the Happy Days stamp set from Simon Says Stamp to create a thank you card.


I started by stamping the kite twice onto some watercolor paper, with Versafine Onyx Black Ink. I then heat embossed it with Clear Silver Embossing Powder from Wow. I colored the kites with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Left kite: 031
Right Kite: 032
Bows on strings: 050
Cheeks: 026


I fussy cut the images out and set them aside. I then went over the my background. I took some pattern paper from the Beachside 6x6 paper pad from Lawn Fawn. I also die cut a cloud border with the Puffy Cloud Borders, also from Lawn Fawn. I then took the Thanks Word die from Paper Smooches and die cut it three times from some black cardstock. I used stick-it adhesive to adhere all three words. This simply creates the die cut word into a sticker and makes it easier to adhere together, because it’s such a delicate die.

I started to assemble the card. I adhered the cloud and the die cut word to the pattern paper. I then stamped the rest of the sentiment onto the cloud, in Sunflower Ink from Lawn Fawn. I wanted that yellow from the bows to return somewhere, so I used it in the sentiment. I then adhered the kites. The strings I adhered flat, the kite itself with foam tape. I added some glitter to the word Thanks with the Spectrum Noir Black Sparkle Pen.


I adhered the panel to a blue cardbase and rounded off the bottom right corner with the We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.

I had a completely different idea when I started, but I’m happier with this result. Sometimes you just create a project along the way.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten