donderdag 6 juli 2017

WAVING HELLO (4)

For this card I used only dies to create a scene. I used the new Palm Trees die set from Lawn Fawn to create this beach scene. I also entered this card into the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge .


I started by die cutting all the elements. Besides the Palm Trees set, I also used the Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables, Stitched Hillside Borders, Sun and Moon dies and the Slide On Over dies.


I used Distress Inks to color all the elements. Here are the colors I used:
Sky: Thumbled Glass
Waves: Mermaid Lagoon
Beach: Brushed Corduroy
Sun: Mustard Seed + Wild Honey
Crab: Fired Brick
Palm trees: Vintage Photo + Crished Olive + Mowed Lawn
Coconuts: Walnut Stain


I wanted to create a slider card, where the sun appears behind the waves. I die cut a slider track with the Slide On Over dies and started assembling the card. I doubled up the foam tape, so the sun has plenty of room to slide. I stamped the sentiment, from mermaid For You, onto the sun in Doe Ink. I added the panel onto a Sunflower cardsbase.


This card was a lot of work, but it was worth it. I love the look of this scene. PLease make sure you check out the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge for more inspiration.


Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog! Or e-mail me at joyfulthingsdesign@outlook.com

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Such a cute scene! Great inking.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. This card is just perfect, Joyce! I love how you added color with Distress inks and the clever slider for the sun is a great idea! Thanks for sharing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen