woensdag 1 juni 2016

HAPPY PURR-THDAY (2)

I got this Small Brick Wall stencil from My Favorite Things and I wanted to combine this with the Cat-Itude stamp set, for a peek-a-boo style card.


I first trimmed a cardbase, from Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock. I’m going to work on this cardbase, something I normally don’t do. I folded it, making it a top folding card, and masked of the back of the card. I die cut a window with the Classic Window dies from My Favorite Things. I covered the window up so I could start stenciling. I used Texture Paste from Ranger and colored it with Fired Brick Distress Ink, so it actually looks like a brick wall. I used a palet knife to spread it on to the stencil and cardbase. I didn’t want to cover the complete panel, it had to be a bit messy around the edges.

I set the panel aside, so it could properly dry. I stamped one of the cats onto some white cardstock and colored him with Copic Markers. Here are the colors I used:
Cat: W0 – W2/ W5 – W7
Collar: YG03 – G14 – G05

I die cut the cat with my Cuttlebug. Because the cardbase was dry, I assembled the window. I used Kraft cardstock for the window, shutters and ledge. I also die cut the curtains, from green cardstock. I did it all twice, because I wanted the window on the inside as well. I put a sheet of acetate in between, so it looks like an actual window.


Because I wanted the cat on the inside of the card, so he could look outside the window, I used Distress Inks on the inside. I create a wall with Mustard Seed Distress Ink and I used Walnut Stain for the floor. I used the Herringbone Brick stencil from My Favorite Things for the floor.


I adhered the cat on the inside. I also stamped the sentiment and adhered it with foam tape onto the front of the card. And my card is finished. I’m going to send it to my aunt, who loves cats.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment and follow/ subscribe to my blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten